Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Region III

Spent today at the Region III Ag Teachers conference in LaCrosse, Wisconsin.

We enjoyed a round of golf this AM and Peiffer and Fisher were great companions on the course. I hit the ball well enough, and had several shots that would pass for good, but as the round wore on, it was apparent that I don't play enough golf to hit the ball for 18 holes. There were train tracks that bisected the course and we had several close-up looks at the freight train as it passed through.

This evening we enjoyed a ride up the Mississippi river on a river boat to the lock and dam north of LaCrosse. It was a nice trip and we all enjoyed the company and conversation with fellow Ag Educators from across the Region. (Wisconsin, Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota and Nebraska) (Not listed in order of importance) :0)

Just finished a social outing this evening and the 29 pepsi's that I have contributed enough caffeine to my system to stimulate an elephant. I suppose I should turn in and be able to function tomorrow as we start the meeting portions of the conference. A couple tours in the PM should be interesting and showcase some of the unique agriculture in this area.

Till then....

PS - Got to play some pool tonight at the 'Library'. I mostly played lefty to keep things sociable and actually enjoyed the time at the table more than I thought I would.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

oh eddy. ANOTHER ag teacher's conference?
I'm keeping my American degree records up to date. :) I will turn it in for next year's national convention, right?