Thursday, June 19, 2008

New Laws

I am pretty sure that Karaoke should be outlawed at conferences. After hours there was some 'singing' that surely made the dogs within hearing range cringe. With probably less pause than I will admit too in public, I joined the crowd for some rousing renditions of David Allen Coe.

We had some wonderful tours today (Wednesday) at the conference. We went to Organic Valley, an organic milk/cheese/ etc producer that had just put up a new cold storage facility that was very impressive. 11 stories high stacks running two computerized stacking cranes and a 11 bay dock for out loading.

The second was at the fish experiment station that was in Minnesota. Their fish lab was very impressive and had many varieties in studies. Lake Sturgeon was the one that I liked the best, but they had some 8 year old blue-gill that would make any pond fisherman happy.

This AM - Thursday - we have the final business meeting and my presidents report (was less then stellar) was given since Brian was unable to be here. Not exactly my favorite part of the conference, but since it was part of the position.... I really need to start reading these job descriptions before I sign on.

Heading home this afternoon and an FFA Foundation meeting this evening upon my return, before making my way to play our play-off game tonight.

Rolling stones gather no moss, I guess.

No comments: