Thursday, July 23, 2009

more Kentucky pool

The gang was a little stir crazy Tuesday night and was ready for an outing, so we ended up with a field trip to the pool hall.

I should have known that the Silver Cue would have been packed on a Tuesday night. They had an (appeared to be) in house APA league going on. Luckily, we were able to secure a table in the back and everyone was able to play.

While I watched everyone play some doubles 8-ball, I ended up making a game with a gentleman playing solo two tables over. He had a very nice old Mucci cue and played - or practiced - rather well.

we settled on some 9' table 9-ball and we started off. In the early running, he made several early 9 balls and I was quickly down 6-3. Playing with a little more effort, I made it back to even at 6-6 and tied again at 7-7 before I closed out 10-7. My group was ready to leave at that point, so we ended up not playing any more, but a really good time and some good competition. It's always nice to get out and play some.

Probably the end of my Kentucky pool experiences for a while, as we head for home tomorrow.

No comments: