Friday, July 3, 2009

Lunch

I had the opportunity to check out Don McCoy's Bar on the west side today. Enjoyed a good Reuben sandwich and was only really looking to practice a little on a big table.

Don - the proprietor and only professional player in the big city -- came over and we ended up playing some for a better part of a couple hours.

What an experience. I couldn't believe his speed control. Almost every shot was exactly dead on and when the angles weren't perfect -- the speed was. It was amazing to watch him float the cue ball effortlessly around the table. I am hoping to end up there again for lunch. What an excellent day!

We talked about new tips (he liked the Wizard tip on my new Olney) and some of the recent news in the pool world. An enjoyable place, staff and of course, my thanks to Don for the lessons.

No comments: