Sunday, January 17, 2010

Friday 10-ball and Expo

Got out Friday night to the Big Dog for some Friday night 10-ball tournament.

As an added bonus, John Schmidt and Earl Strickland were there for a pool exhibition. All in all a pretty good night. I played a scotch match with John as my partner against Earl and another spectator. It was pretty fun. I got bad shape for John on a clustered 5/6 and he fouled the shot. Earl and his partner ran down to the nine and after the novice missed a tough 9 ball, I was left an awkward cut in the center of the 9' GCV. I lined it up very precariuosly and made the shot.

The 10 ball tournament went well -- after the double steer by Randy on the start time and actual having the tournament -- and I got entered late, after the fact. I drew Jody and lost 5-3, won 5-0, 5-1, and 5-2 on my way thru the back side of the bracket. My game with Wes was 3-2 and I missed an out. Never really recovered from that. He gave me chances but I couldn't quite capitolize like you need to with a player of his calibur.

Watched some more one pocket and enjoyed the evening rather well.

Can't wait for my Carmeli to get back -- should be any day now and possible this week.

No comments: