Sunday, March 8, 2009

Good vs Great

well, with the start of a new exercise program (which was sorely needed) I wonder how it will affect my game in the short term and long term. Ha, new exercise, sore... I get it... HA....

So far I have been too sore to walk this week, much less practice any. but in the long term I think that the greater flexibility and core strength will help.

Big tournament in a week and 3 days. Should be fun and exciting. I should do well and have been working to improve this year. I hope to just play my best and see what happens. The tournament is a short race and I think that will probably come into play more than once. Shorter races favor luck over skill too often and have less margin for error. I guess we will find out.

I am hoping to get out tonight to play some and test drive my game some. Sometimes I have been pleasantly surprised by good performance after a particuluarly long lay off. I wonder what the reason is? Especially after I have been practicing hard for a while, a three or four day lay-off and then when I play again, it seems to have positive effects. Things that make you go hmmmm.

Later

No comments: